Saturday, February 9, 2013

Empire State of Mind


Rather than post again on the old blog, I decided to start a new one.
A lot has happened in the last couple years.
The biggies -- I'm living pretty much authentically now. I've been on HRT since May.
I was pretty much a Girl Undercover for a few months, before I was able to move to New York.
My friend Debbie, who I now share a place with, flew out and I drove us back.
I had both my clothes and "his" clothes for the trip, unsure how I'd present. Bear in mind I basically was my true self within the walls of my former abode, but not really outside interacting with the public.
Some day, I'll talk about the extended road trip/move more, but for now, I'll say that the male clothes stayed packed away for the whole trip and every day since.
I've never felt more natural in my life. A lot of work remains to be done, but I have hope for the future.
It feels great to have finally taken that leap.

xx
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment